- Feed has no items.
- Q/A Interview with Jessica Gulick, VP of Women’s Society of Cyberjutsuby Paul Philleo on February 18, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Jessica Gulick possesses a unique vision: she has a wealth of experience in security and growth hacking. At the same time, she possesses an awareness of the power of the games to bring these two worlds together. Last year, she helped roll out the Wicked6 Cyber Games tournament in Las Vegas. During RSA’s infosec-focused conference The post Q/A Interview with Jessica Gulick, VP of Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu appeared first on Events for Gamers.
- Events for Gamers’ GDC 2020 Party Listby Paul Philleo on February 17, 2020 at 6:00 pm
It’s 2020, and Events for Gamers is back with a new party list for a new decade and the upcoming Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco. The same rules for the events shared in this list from prior years apply: only public (not private or invite-only events) events in and immediately around the GDC The post Events for Gamers’ GDC 2020 Party List appeared first on Events for Gamers.
- Video of the Month — EVO Japan 2020by Paul Philleo on February 13, 2020 at 10:30 pm
Many gamers have heard about the annual fighting game-focused tournament event that takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada, EVO 2020. But what about the EVO Japan 2020, which, in its third year, took place in Tokyo in late January? If not, this video, by NihongoGamer, is for you. In this almost-15 minute video, this YouTuber The post Video of the Month — EVO Japan 2020 appeared first on Events for Gamers.
- Wil Wheaton to Host ‘Gamemaster’ Esports Reality Showby E4G Admin on February 13, 2020 at 12:51 am
NINE-EPISODE SHOW TO DEBUT ON STREAMING SERVICE IN SPRING 2020 GAMEMASTER TO FEATURE 12 AMATEUR ESPORTS CONTESTANTS FROM ACROSS UNITED STATES ATLANTA — A new esports reality show, GAMEMASTER, will debut on a streaming service in Spring 2020. The nine-episode show will feature Wil Wheaton as the Commissioner/Host and showcase 12 amateur esports contestants from across the U.S. Ripped The post Wil Wheaton to Host ‘Gamemaster’ Esports Reality Show appeared first on Events for Gamers.
- Game Developers Can Now Stop Sharing Their Profits With Publishersby E4G Admin on February 11, 2020 at 1:45 am
Over the past decade, game developers have become accustomed to signing deals with publishers in order to present their product to an end consumer. Usually, publishers take around 30% of the net profit, but sometimes the number is even higher, especially if the developers are inexperienced. And while ten years ago signing a contract was The post Game Developers Can Now Stop Sharing Their Profits With Publishers appeared first on Events for Gamers.
- Roberta Williams to receive GDCA Pioneer Awardon February 26, 2020 at 9:40 pm
King's Quest designer will be recognized for her work in graphic adventures and for co-founding Sierra On-Line
- Platinum Games opening new Tokyo studioon February 26, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Bayonetta developer plans to build new team to 100 people to work on Viewtiful Joe and Wonderful 101 follow-up
- Herman Miller, Logitech G collaborating on a chairon February 26, 2020 at 7:27 pm
Companies plan to release "the world's most advanced gaming chair" this spring
- GOG expands refund policy to 30 dayson February 26, 2020 at 6:51 pm
New policy allows for customers to get their money back even if the game was played
- TIGA principles for protecting players are quietly radical | Opinionon February 26, 2020 at 4:04 pm
UK trade group's endorsement of common sense best practices shows good faith effort, puts peers to shame
- How to get a job in game arton February 26, 2020 at 3:06 pm
The GamesIndustry.biz Academy looks into how to get a job as a game artist
- San Francisco declares "local health emergency" over coronaviruson February 26, 2020 at 1:28 pm
UPDATE: GDC 2020 "moving forward as planned" as city introduces preventative measures
- Panic Art Studios CEO posts racist remarks on Twitteron February 26, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Elias Viglione describes outburst as "moment of temporary insanity"
- NHS' gaming addiction clinic only needed by 'a very small percentage'on February 26, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Founder Dr Bowden-Jones hopes the numbers will remain lower than problem gambling
- Sonic the Hedgehog beats Detective Pikachu in US opening weekendon February 26, 2020 at 10:19 am
Update: Sonic grosses $210 million worldwide in ten days